With year-end holidays fast approaching, so too are visits by friends and family. Is your home company-ready? If not, don’t panic. You can quickly enhance your home with paint.
Adding a fresh interior paint color scheme is a wonderful way to beautify a home quickly and inexpensively. And with several weekends left before you greet your guests, you have ample time to do so.
One option is to go the traditional route by applying a coat of primer, then adding color with two or more coats of top quality paint. But with time so precious, there’s a better option: using one of the new “paint-and-primer” coatings instead.
Paint-and-primer products are truly a revolutionary development: They act like primers insofar as they help hide existing paint color – but they function as high-end paints, too, imparting a beautiful, easy-to-maintain finish coat that is stain resistant and easily washable.
Getting the performance of both primer and paint in a single can lets you short-circuit the normal painting regimen by applying fewer coats. And fewer coats means that you can complete your interior painting much more quickly – a big advantage anytime, but especially so with the holidays rapidly approaching.
If you are one of the many who will be painting in anticipation of the holidays, here are some tips:
- To get the best return on your investment, concentrate on painting the rooms where your company will spend the most time.
- If the rooms where you entertain are very large, consider painting just one “accent wall” in each; this will give the rooms a fresh appearance for the holidays, and you if want, you can paint the other walls later on.
- Think about painting your rooms in “holiday” paint colors. Fortunately, red is a terrific choice for a dining room; and green and silver-grey, both holiday hues, are expected to be among the “hottest” interior paint colors next year.
- If the weather is mild, consider repainting your front door to help create a better first impression of your home. For the same reason, consider painting your foyer also.
- Wherever you paint, be sure to use top quality paint made with 100% acrylic latex – and favor higher sheen levels. If your holiday revelers get reckless with food and drink, your new paint finish will be a snap to clean.
While it’s true that pre-holiday painting adds another item to your to-do list, when your guests arrive, you’ll be glad that you made the effort. And when the holidays are over, you’ll still be able to celebrate the beautiful new look of your home!
Be sure to call Listol Painting, Inc for all your holiday painting projects. Don’t wait to long to get it scheduled. Your BEAUTIFUL home deserves to look refreshed for the upcoming holidays……CALL TODAY !!!!!